Large enterprise customers often have unique and specialized requirements for adoption Exchange Online. This session showcases the lifecycle of an enterprise customer leveraging features designed just for them. Demo and some several new features will be covered, such as Mailbox Plans, Client Access Rules, on send event APIs, and a first look at technology for mergers and divestitures.
The full recorded session can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN6lsxKRrJQ&t=1503s
This blog post covers a summary of the session. Continue reading “Microsoft Ignite 2017: BRK3155 – Thrive in as an enterprise organization in Microsoft Exchange Online”
What is the best, DAS or SAN? Are SSDs on the way in or are slow spindles here to stay? Should you give up and migrate to the cloud? What about virtualization? This session covers the various Exchange architectures that can be deployed on-premises and hybrid.
- Exchange 2016 now supports up to 192GB of memory
- Item Recovery Enhancements
- Should I follow the PA? Yes. If it is possible, follow the PA. This is the tested and best practices solution from Microsoft running in Exchange Online. This simplifies the operation process in case of outage, failures, etc.
- Should I deploy SSD? No. Jeff Guillet mentioned a good example for this. If you are using SSD’s for Exchange, it is like you are driving a Ferrari on a gravel road.
- Should I virtualize Exchange? Yes and no. Of course, you can virtualize Exchange. Be sure that you use the calculator for virtualization 1:1 as you would do it for physical servers. Physical servers are more easier to manage and deploy because virtualization needs some more things to do.
- What should I do if I plan to have a hybrid deployment with O365? Follow the same approach as you would do it for an on-premises environment. If all your mailboxes are migrated to Exchange Online, use a single Exchange server for recipient management purposes only.
- What size mailbox should I deploy? Are 1GB mailboxes valid anymore? You already get 25GB mailboxes for free today and simple JBOD storage is a very low cost factor.
- Third-party archiving solutions or keep in Exchange? The Microsoft perspective is that archive mailboxes should be retain in Exchange. In case of big mailboxes and Outlook OST slider, there is no reason to use archive mailboxes anymore. If you are having strict compliance regulations for archiving, you can use Exchange, Exchange Online, or of course third-party archiving solutions.
Matt Gossage and Ananth Sundararaj show how Exchange Online works. The engineering leaders who design and build the infrastructure reveal the secrets of deep neural networks, machine learning, substrate, shards, and much more. They also share how these mystical creatures actually impact IT pros and users of Exchange and Outlook.
Continue reading “Microsoft Ignite 2017: BRK4029 – Inside Exchange Online”
The growth of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets changed the world rapidly. Most notably business users store important information on their devices such as emails, certificates, pictures, corporate apps and applications, etc. Maintaining control over their applications across corporate datacenters and public cloud platforms has become a significant challenge. IAM helps organizations to reduce helpdesk costs with self-service and single-sign-on experiences.
EMS – Enterprise Mobility Suite was introduced in the end of 2014. There is no specific product for EMS, it’s a collection of services you can choose.
Currently EMS contains the following services:
– Cloud Identity + Access Management: gives users self-service capabilities and single sign-on for any corporate resource for easier identity management – for cloud-only and hybrid identities.
– Mobile Device + Application Management: mobile device management, such as MDM in Office 365 and Intune to manage and protect corporate data and apps on almost any device.
– Information Protection: information security management across on-premises environment and cloud applications while protecting corporate data inside and outside of the organization.
– Desktop Virtualization: a scalable platform to deliver corporate applications simply and cost effectively – everywhere.
Continue reading “Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) – Identity + Access Management (IAM)”
We’re happy to announce our fifth free ‘Office 365 Pills’ conference in Nuremberg, Germany on 16th June this year. We’re looking forward to speak about some Office 365 and Exchange news.